3 Do’s and Don’ts of Renting a C-ARM Medical Machine
Renting any type of medical imaging equipment is unlike renting common things like a Uhaul. Especially when it comes to renting a C-ARM machine you want to make sure an be as prepared as possible. If your C-ARM machine broke down and you need to rent one until your C-ARM machine has been prepared, you most likely know what you need for your medical practice. However, if you are in need of renting a C-ARM machine for the first time, you will want to consider the 3 tips below on what to do and what not to do when renting a C-ARM machine.
3 to Do’s When Renting a C-ARM
- Shipping Time: Make sure you give yourself enough time for delivery and shipping. It can take up to 2 weeks to deliver a C-ARM machine.
- C-ARM Needs: Make sure you know what type of C-ARM machine you want to rent. Make sure you don’t need a mini C-ARM machine as opposed to a regular C-ARM machine. The brand and imaging quality you need is vital. For example, you can see a comparison of C-ARM Brands by clicking here: OEC 9800 C-ARM vs. OEC 9900 C-ARM MACHINE.
- Size: 9” or 12” Image Intensifier will most likely be the choices you will have when renting a C-ARM. Basically, it comes not only to cost (bigger is more) but in general what your practice needs will be. For example, if you perform vascular procedures you will want a 12”. If you practice general surgery or orthopedics a 9” will most likely be the image intensifier size you will need.
3 Don’ts When Renting a C-ARM
- Procrastination: Don’t wait until the last minute to rent a C-ARM machine. Speak to a C-ARM specialist right away and avoid having to wait long periods of time to get the right machine or end up paying extra for expedited shipping.
- Equipment and Accessories: Make sure when you are a renting a C-ARM that you also have Dicom boxes, Lead Aprons, Printer, Laser Aimers, and USB devices.
- Geographic Coverage: Don’t waste your time calling C-ARM rental companies that do not cover your city. Try to work with a C-ARM specialist that works all across the US.
Renting a C-ARM
If you have rented a C-ARM before you are familiar with the logistics, but if you have never rented medical imaging equipment the best thing to do is call a C-ARM specialist immediately. Ask as many questions as possible and have an idea of your budget and especially what type of procedures you plan to do with your rented C-ARM Machine.
To speak to one of our C-ARM specialists call us at 1-877-283-3154 to speak to a c-arm specialist or request a quote by clicking here.