Site planning for your new c-arm is as crucial to selecting the size and type of C-arm for want for your facility.
- The c-arm needs to be housed in a room that provides enough clearance to allow you to manipulate the C-arm to get a better view without having to move the patient.
- The room should accommodate the C-arm system you select, with correct wall and ceiling clearance.
- You should also have plenty of space to maneuver around the system.
- The mobile C-arm’s lower portion must be low enough to fit underneath the hospital’s beds and operating room tables.
- If you plan to stow away the C-arm during non-business hours, make sure there is proper clearance between hallways and doorways.
There should be a certain amount of free space for the area between the image intensifier and x-ray tub. This will allow you to adjust it for the best possible image output. If the system you are looking at is expected to be used on a high volume of patients, you will need a rotating anode tube. This will result in less time for cool-down.
Software packages are based on the procedures you perform. For example, if you are doing procedures that involve veins, you will need a vascular package. Try to aim for the most up to date version of the software to get the most out of usage and image quality. Crisp, clear image resolutions will help physicians better navigate the needle.
Make sure you know everything that is covered and included with the system you purchase, including set up service, shipping, and warranty coverage. Do not spend more than your budget. A used or refurbished c-arm is just as capable and can cost 30-40% less than a brand new C-arm. If you’re looking into a refurbished C-arm, ask to get a full list of which parts were replaced and repaired.
Contact us at Pacific Healthcare Imaging. Our technicians will help you acquire the best systems for your facility. We have high-quality new, used, and refurbished Mini, Compact, and Full-Size C-Arm machines are available at wholesale cost. Check out our rental plans as well.
Our years of experience allows us to offer you the most comprehensive, affordable, used and refurbished C-Arm systems and diagnostic equipment and services available.
Pacific Healthcare Imaging sells and supports pre-owned, used and refurbished c-arms for medical facilities. We sell the highest quality used and refurbished medical imaging equipment and we specialize in C-Arms, Mini C-Arms, Portable Ultrasounds