Medical Imaging Equipment Safety Rules:
- Understand and follow Federal regulations requiring a C-Arm maximum output to have a limit.
- Make sure to thoroughly scan and go over the patients original radiographs before the procedure begins, as this can greatly reduce the repeat rate for the procedure time.
- Inspect your c-arm and other medical equipment regularly to avoid any alignment issues or technical mishaps. You should have regular inspection’s on your service contract.
- Keep strict rules regarding the persons allowed in the fluoroscopy room: No one should be present except trained staff and patient.
- Make sure patients are at least 12-15 inches away from the x-ray tube – the closer they are to the tube, the higher the radiation dose will be.
- However, your patient should be as close as possible to the image intensifier.
- Avoid radiation leakage by having personnel stand on the image intensifier side of the c-arm while in use.
- Stay at least one foot (or more) away from the patient during the procedure to lower radiation exposure.
- Stay mindful of radiation influx, and limit/adjust exposure time as needed.
- Staff shielding is a priority. Wear leaded eyewear with side shields, leaded gloves, and a wrap-around apron. The side shields on eyewear are especially important, because without them you could accidentally glance sideways from the c-arm x-ray tube to look at the monitor image and be exposed to radiation.
- Lead lining is also crucial in order to reduce radiation risk.
- Lead requirements do vary state to state, find out your specific area’s rules and regulations before moving forward with any lead shielding.
- Be honest and up front with your patients about the risks of radiation, but make it easy to digest by using simple language.
- Remember that your patients most likely won’t understand the terminology commonly used in the medical field.
At Pacific Healthcare Imaging. We sell and support pre-owned, used and refurbished c-arms and other diagnostic imaging systems for medical facilities. We sell the highest quality used and refurbished medical imaging equipment and we specialize in C-Arms, Mini C-Arms, Portable Ultrasounds.
Contact us at Pacific Healthcare Imaging, and our technicians will help you acquire the best systems for your facility. Our high-quality new, used, and refurbished Mini, Compact, and Full-Size C-Arm machines are available at wholesale cost. Check out our rental plans as well.
Through years of experience, we can accurately access constantly changing customer requirements, offering you the most comprehensive and affordable used and refurbished C-Arm systems and diagnostic equipment and services available.