Elite CFD – Alpha C-Arm Comparison
Elite CFD – Cios Alpha C-Arm are high-quality, fully digital systems that have current, flat-panel detector models. OEC and Siemens are two of the biggest names among C-arm manufacturers, and have a reputation for quality.
Following is a comparison of hardware and technology elements of the Elite CFD – Cios Alpha C-Arm systems.
The standard Elite CFD generator produces only 15kW.
The Cios Alpha is a clear frontrunner when it comes to sheer power. Siemens offers the option for Alpha units to have a 25kW generator.
For most C-arm procedures, and for most patient volume levels, a 15kW generator is sufficient. For facilities that specialize in more demanding work such as bariatrics, lateral abdominals, etc., the extra power of the Cios Alpha may be a better choice.
Field of View:
- In terms of total viewing area, the Elite CFD comes out at a slight advantage, with its larger-sized option measuring 31cm x 31cm. The detector on the Cios Alpha measures just below at 30cm x 30cm.
- It should be noted that, if your specialty does not require the largest detector size, the Elite CFD is also available with a 21cm x 21cm detector option.
Both models feature full controls on the workstation, a reference monitor on the C-arm, and an integrated laser aimer for precision positioning.
There is a significant difference in monitor configurations.
- The Cios Alpha features two 19″ monitors that have some rotation flexibility.
- The Cios Alpha has more monitor area
- The Elite CFD features a single, 27″ monitor on an articulating arm that extends 27″ with a full range of motion.
- The Elite CFD offers more flexibility for positioning the monitor wherever you need it.
The Elite CFD and the Cios Alpha each come with complimentary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) detectors.
Size – Weight:
There isn’t a very big difference between the overall size of these systems. The more dramatic difference is in their weight. Note: system weight will vary based on which generator and detector options are chosen.
- Size: Cios Alpha: C-arm- 77.6 x 32.7 x 65, Workstation- 27.6 x 29.1 x 70.7
- Weight: Cios Alpha Total Weight: 1,304 – 1,321 lbs.
- Size: Elite CFD: C-arm 80.25 x 33.2 x 70.75, Workstation- 25.8 x 34.1 x 67.5
- Weight: Elite CFD Total Weight: 1,038 – 1,088 lbs.
If maneuverability or structural are concerns , be aware of the 230+ pound difference in these two systems.
Currently, the Cios Alpha has higher availability on the secondary market than the Elite CFD. This is due, in part, to the fact that the Alpha has been in production for about six years, whereas the CFD has only been in production for about three. Facilities with more timebound purchasing goals will likely find a Cios Alpha filling that need.
If your facility is looking for a system to accommodate general surgical use, an Elite CFD will meet those clinical needs. It will provide greater maneuverability and positioning flexibility.
If your facility is looking for a system to accommodate demanding procedures or exceptional patient volume, the Cios Alpha will probably be a better choice.
Contact us at Pacific Healthcare Imaging, we sell and support pre-owned, used and refurbished c-arms and other diagnostic imaging systems for medical facilities. We only sell the highest quality used and refurbished medical imaging equipment, specializing in C-Arms, Mini C-Arms, Portable Ultrasounds and more.