C-Arm sizes include Mini C-Arms, Compact C-Arms, and Full-Size C-Arms. Keep in mind there are also modifications for C-arms such as digital retrofit devices for analog C-arms. C-arms are used for a range of diagnostic imaging and minimally invasive surgical procedures. They are flexible, and can be used in a variety of situations.
Differences Between C-Arm sizes is more than the actual size of Mini C-arm, Compact C-Arm, and Full size C-arm systems. There is a C-arm to meet your needs and budgets.
Here are some of the most popular C-arm machine options.
A mini C-arm is designed to scan patient extremities. The C-arm has a much smaller arc and lower generator power capacity, which makes it suitable for hands, feet, wrists, and elbows. A few models are capable of some limited shoulder scans.
- Mini-C-Arm machines are smaller systems and are used in sports medicine, orthopedic and podiatric imaging.
- Ideal for scanning extremities such as hands, feet, ankles, knees, elbows, and shoulders.
- These units are especially helpful during external reduction and fixation of fractures, The bone alignment can be visualized in a non-invasive manner via real time.
Compact C-arms work well for small facilities, low-mid patient volume, and light use. They are large enough for high volume, bariatrics, or lateral spine studies.
- Compact C-Arm machines are larger than a Mini C-Arm, but not as big as a full-size C-Arm .
- They come in either one-piece or two-piece systems, with the main benefit being its mobility.
- If you need something bigger than a Mini C-Arm, but don’t have the room or need for a Full-Size C-Arm – the Compact C-Arm is a great compromise.
Full-C-arms are designed to accommodate any and all C-arm procedures. They are the largest arc to fit patients and surgical tables inside, and have the highest generator output to scan through the thickest parts of the body. The also have the most software options to fit the needs of any specialty.
- Full-Size C-Arm machines are the most sought after model because they can perform just about any type of procedure.
- Used for swallow tests, spine and torso studies, cardiology, pain management and surgery.
- Open space in the regular full size C-arm is 26 inches, making it large enough to fit a table and patient between the image intensifier and the tube.
- Come with a 6/9″ Image Intensifier, and even a 12″ image intensifier, which is especially useful for cardiology.
- Perform any type of procedure.