C-Arm machine sizes include Mini C-Arms, Compact C-Arms, and Full-Size C-Arms. Keep in mind there are also modifications for C-arms such as digital retrofit devices for analog C-arms. C-arms are used for a range of diagnostic imaging and minimally invasive surgical procedures. They are flexible, and can be used in a variety of situations.
- Mini-C-Arm machines are smaller systems that are used in sports medicine, orthopedic and podiatric imaging.
- They are ideal for scanning extremities such as hands, feet, ankles, knees, elbows, and shoulders.
- These units can be especially helpful during external reduction and fixation of fractures since the bone alignment can also be visualized in a non-invasive manner via real time.
- Compact C-Arm machines are larger than a Mini C-Arm, but not as big as a full-size C-Arm .
- They can come in either one-piece or two-piece systems, with the main benefit being its mobility.
- If you need something bigger than a Mini C-Arm, but don’t have the room or need for a Full-Size C-Arm – the Compact C-Arm is a great compromise.
- Full-Size C-Arm machines are the most sought after model because they allow you to perform just about any type of procedure.
- These C-Arm machines are used for swallow tests, spine and torso studies, cardiology, pain management and surgery.
- The open space in the regular full size C-arm is 26 inches, making it large enough to fit a table and patient between the image intensifier and the tube.
- They can come with a 6/9″ Image Intensifier, and even a 12″ image intensifier, which can be especially useful for cardiology.
Contact us at Pacific Healthcare Imaging, and talk to one of our experienced technicians, We sell and support pre-owned, used and refurbished c-arms and other diagnostic imaging systems for medical facilities. We only sell the highest quality used and refurbished medical imaging equipment, specializing in C-Arms, Mini C-Arms, Portable Ultrasounds and more. We have rentals available as well.