Medical professionals use sonography to diagnose conditions and internal injuries. Ultrasound techniques are also used to monitor pregnancies and help doctors develop treatment plans. The importance of accurate imaging in modern medicine makes skilled sonographers a critical part of any healthcare team.
Emerging technology is increasing the usefulness of medical imagining. The ability to view different body structures is also changing the way we understand certain aspects of biology and physiology.
- Ultrasound imaging uses a transducer or probe to generate sound waves and produce pictures of the body’s internal structures.
- Does not use ionizing radiation, has no known harmful effects, and provides a clear picture of soft tissues that don’t show up well on x-ray images.
- Ultrasound is often used to help diagnose unexplained pain, swelling and infection.
- It may also be used to provide imaging guidance to needle biopsies or to see and evaluate conditions related to blood flow.
- It’s the preferred imaging method for monitoring a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
- Involves the use of a number of different types of technology including those that involve radiation.
- Used for CT scans and MRI’s to create medical images.
At Pacific Healthcare Imaging we sell diagnostic imaging systems for medical facilities. We only sell the highest quality used and refurbished medical imaging equipment, specializing in C-Arms, Mini C-Arms, Portable Ultrasounds and more.
Through years of experience, our technicians can accurately access constantly changing customer requirements, offering the most comprehensive and affordable used and refurbished diagnostic equipment and services available.