Differences Between Major C-Arm Companies
What are the differences between major C-Arm companies, such as GE, Siemens, Phillips, and Zheim?
When it comes to the cost of a C-Arm what matters the most is the age of the C-Arm, features, as well as the brand & model.
- For example, a Philips Pulsera can have the same features as GE OEC 9800 but cost thousands less.
- Check out our blog post – Types of C-Arms
The age of any medical imaging machine or equipment is always something to consider, especially when buying a used C-Arm. Just because a brand is the most popular, it does not necessarily make it the most up-to-date.
- The most popular brand of C-Arm around the world is the GE OEC models, and the GE OEC 9800 is the most used C-Arm in medical facilities. However, the GE OEC 9800 started being manufactured in 1999. Siemens c-arms, on the other hand, started being manufactured in 2005.
Every C-Arm brand comes with similar features, but also have some differences.
- Simens C-Arm have flat monitors and the GE OEC 9800 can be upgraded to them.
- Phillips comes with a better price tag for a newer model.
- The Zheim C-Arms are perfect for the smaller medical spaces.
All C-Arm brands can perform the basic scans and images needed. The differences in features are all minor, but each brand has ideal features for certain medical practices.
Contact Pacific Healthcare Imaging to speak to one of our Medical Imaging Specialists to learn what type of C-Arm is right for your practice or facility. We have the best quality and prices in the industry. We also have refurbished and rental equipment available.