Buying a c-arm? Perhaps you you might be gearing up to open up a pain management center, looking to expand your services, or to add surgical procedures.
Buying a C-arm is simple enough, but choosing which one is right for your practice can get a little overwhelming. Without having adequate knowledge, the search process can become information overload with the wide variety of brands, sizes, and costs involved.
In the end, the deciding factor comes down to what type of imaging work you intend to do at your facility. If you specialize in interventional pain management services, cardiac or orthopedic services, we recommend that you get the full-size C-arm.
Things to Consider:
- Knowing the size of the image intensifier you need is a good initial step.
- Is the size of your power generator is strong enough for your procedures.
- For example, a 15 kW generator will penetrate deeper than a 7.5 kW generator.
- A bigger sized “C” makes it easier to work with larger patients.
- The mobile fluoroscopic units should be maneuverable around hospitals and provide positioning flexibility.
- While a great C-arm depth may be preferable, it can also make the maneuverability a bit more difficult.
- Higher resolution C-arms provide sharper images that are generally easier to read.
- The resolution of a C-arm varies greatly, and the more lines per inch, the sharper the resolution will be.
- However, not all procedures require the highest resolution, so it is best to test out different types to see which C-arm gives you the best quality based on the procedures you will be performing.
- Taking great images won’t mean anything unless you have the correct storage device for image capture.
- The equipment is only as good as the warranty. Be sure the coverage includes parts and labor, as well as travel time.
- Keep in mind, some plans may exclude x-ray tube and image intensifiers (which happen to be the two most expensive parts to replace).
- Maintenance service should be available for the system; whether it is routine maintenance or a larger repair issue.
- Make sure there are reliable service engineers that can come out to work on your system immediately.
Contact us at Pacific Healthcare Imaging, and our technicians will help you acquire the best systems for your facility. Our high-quality new, used, and refurbished Mini, Compact, and Full-Size C-Arm machines are available at wholesale cost. Check out our rental plans as well.
Through our years of experience, we can accurately access constantly changing customer requirements. This experience allows us to offer you the most comprehensive, affordable used and refurbished C-Arm systems and diagnostic equipment and services available.
At Pacific Healthcare Imaging we sell and support pre-owned, used and refurbished c-arms and other diagnostic imaging systems for medical facilities. We sell the highest quality used and refurbished medical imaging equipment and we specialize in C-Arms, Mini C-Arms, Portable Ultrasounds.