You can be sure that both the OEC 9600 and OEC 9800 are excellent choices for a pain management facility. Although either one would suffice, there are some differences that should be noted.
- The OEC 9600 is almost half the cost of the OEC 9800 and, in most pain management situations, will be sufficient. There is no need to pay for more C-arm than you will actually need or than your budget will allow.
- The OEC 9800 is generally the best choice if you are looking to perform advanced procedures where higher resolution is required.
- Workflow will be a bit faster with the OEC 9800 due to a couple of things– touchscreens and native DICOM to quickly process images to PACS.
The OEC 9800 and OEC 9600 offer an additional benefit for those seeking greater OR flexibility in the form of the Super C. If your budget has a little more wiggle room and you feel your site could benefit from greater maneuverability, the Super C may be worth taking into consideration.
- Having a C-arm angled can provide optimal viewing of the injecting site. A Super C can make that easier because it rotates further around the table. The physician may not have to adjust the C-arm as often, allowing the procedure to complete faster.
- A Super C is preferable for maneuvering a C-arm around larger patients because the C-arm arc depth is slightly larger. It also allows some scans to be done by repositioning the C-arm instead of the patient.
Image Intensifier: 9″ or 12″
When choosing an II size, the procedures you’ll be doing should be your first consideration. There is also a price differential, which most pain management practitioners will be able to forego.
- 12” IIs are primarily used for vascular studies. The extra inches allow for studies such as run-offs, which cannot be performed in a single run with a 9” system. This advantage is great for vascular work, but is less likely to be used in a standard pain management setting.
- 9” IIs allow for greater magnification, allowing physicians to see better detail in a smaller area while performing a procedure. This size of II is ideal for pain management, orthopedics and general surgery work.
Depending on your site’s individual needs, there’s a great OEC pain management option for you. Whether you know what that is, or have more questions about picking the best OEC C-arm for you, we’re ready to help. Contact us at 877-283-3154 to talk with one of our refurbished used C-arms experts and learn more.