Purchasing a refurbished c-arm can be a daunting experience for those who are unfamiliar with the refurbishment process that each imaging equipment company abides by. It is unfortunate that there are companies out there that only perform the bare minimum in their refurbishing process, and if the radiology equipment that you invest in has fallen under these bare minimum guidelines, you could end up paying a lot more in the long run to have your used and refurbished C-arm properly serviced.
When purchasing a refurbished C-arm, they should be able to provide you with a checklist of each step the company performed when converting their used C-arm into a refurbished C-arm. Let this article be a guide to provide you with the details of what to expect when purchasing a fully refurbished C-arm from Pacific Healthcare Imaging, and, at the very least, enlighten you with a list of questions to ask your vendor in order to make a cost-conscious decision about your potential future investment in a refurbished C-arm.
Completely Refurbished C-arm Steps
- Tech team will dismantle, clean and disinfect the entire system. Disinfection of the used C-arm ensures that all biohazards, along with accumulated dust and debris, are thoroughly removed.
- Inspection of all electrical during the dismantling process. Camera Right Angle Optics, Image Sizing & Centering, Electrostatic Focus, and all circuit boards checked, adjusted, and replaced as needed.
- Drag Chain, pins, bearings, brakes, wheels, cables, batteries, and fuses are all replaced.
- All dents and scratches are removed and/or filled and smoothed, prepping the used C-arm for paint. Once completely repainted with OEM Colors, the refurbished C-arm receives new decals and logos.
- Finally, a full C-arm calibration is completed, including collimator and dose output adjustment, assuring all tests pass based on FDA Laws and OEM specification.
These are all steps in the refurbished C-arm process that Pacific Healthcare Imaging operates by. To see a full step by step list of our remanufacturing process for a used C-arm, please visit this link. Know that every refurbished C-arm system comes with a Comprehensive Warranty, and we guarantee a quick response time for all of your warranty needs. When shopping for a refurbished C-arm, it is important that you are thoroughly informed of the process by which the system in question has been remanufactured. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding our refurbished C-arm processes. A specialist is always standing by.
Call Pacific Healthcare Imaging at 877-283-3154.